Real experts provide the insight; the curriculum guides the experience; the family creates the bond. Modern day “Campfire Sessions™.”
- Job shadowing, skills growth, life enhancement. From home. For pre-reader to adult. Something the homeschooling world has never had before.
- Unit studies have ~12 lessons that include a very hands-on/experiential style of teaching which is also OPEN AND GO.
- 20-30 minutes per session (STOP when the timer goes off, and pick it up again the next day!)
- All units are created with contributions from experts or professionals specific to the skill or trade
- Each unit starting in 2021 has optional and courtesy “Core Connections” for families who desire to expand and tie this into ALL core curriculum subjects. These are not full, all-inclusive unit studies; these are ways to get the student excited about connecting core subjects to the unit they’re passionate about (see FAQs)!
- While this is an “extracurricular” (job shadowing/skills shadowing, etc), each unit naturally contains SO MUCH in-depth history, science, geography, Bible, critical thinking, life experiences, hands-on activities, experiments, social studies, family bonding, dream-growing, passion sparking, and more… it’s the best kind of learning there is, and it’s in the experiential way that God created us to learn!
- This is the PERFECT way to allow “Dad” to get involved, if desired. Everything is prepared! Just OPEN AND GO, and allow the bonding to begin (see our “Made for Dads” page).
- Everybody has their own journal to use together at the same time (all journals included in purchase)
- elementary, middle school, high school, ADULT + pre-reader pages
- Upon purchase, you can immediately download, use on any device (or print, if desired) and use forever!
We have three categories… check them out here.
#1: The hard stuff is done by us: we do the in-person interviewing, the hands-on job or skill shadowing; we ask the professionals, learn their secrets, and cover the expense to get inside the minds of experts…
#2: Utilizing a combination of Charlotte Mason based techniques, we take everything mentioned in point #1 and very specifically share it in our units for you and your child(ren) utilizing multiple teaching styles…
#3: All journals for all age groups correspond but have deeper learning based on age level. The parents learn right alongside the children. Sit around a campfire (or wherever!), have everyone grab their journal for the unit picked that month. Start connecting–TRULY connecting–as a family (all the while growing in talents, passions, skills, and job aspirations)!
An Inclusive Community
#4: And, finally, we place everything on the foundation of Christ. These are not theological lessons, and if you are not a Christian family, you can definitely get some benefits of the curriculum even if you decide not to apply the FAITH TALK sections. We do hope you will give them a try though. Regardless, grab up a unit and start exploring with your child!