Want a discount? Consider becoming a Campfire Curriculums™ Spark member or Campfire Curriculums™ Flame Member for ~50% off
This unit is intended to be paired with The Real Pirates of the Caribbean and is part of our “IN THE STEPS OF” category.
With this unit, you receive:
- 12 lessons (20 minutes per lesson)
- ALL journals (~80 pages each)
- elementary, middle school, high school, adult + some pre-reader pages!
- specifically choreographed to be used together
- Just download, use on any device (or print, if desired) and go!
- Contributions from experts and professionals in particular professions or skill trades from across the world
- Downloads appear immediately after purchase and can also be accessed through an account page, if desired
- You get to keep your products forever, to be reused over and over again as the children grow
Have a family member who is fascinated by tropical storms? Do you have a child who loves building? How about one that just wants to learn how to grow their own coffee (and who doesn’t want to do that?!)… Looking for something with a marine biology focus? Or, how about an extracurricular on missions? Or, do you just have someone in your family who wants to discover all they can about island life? Well, this extracurricular unit has a bit of ALL of that… and some more.
As this unit was written, we met and interviewed many natives, had the opportunity to hear missionaries, and just went all in to truly learn all we could, in order to share with you. From the deep stuff, to the silly stuff (like iguanas!)…
We wanted to answer what our Campfire Families asked us: what is it like to be a native?
What we experienced in their shared stories and lifestyle was exciting, it was devastating, it was gorgeous, and it was broken… we had moments of complete awe followed by moments of great sadness.
This unit doesn’t hold anything back. It provides a real sneak peek into what living on an island like in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Don’t forget to check out the accompanying unit “Real Pirates of the Caribbean!”
Not interested in Island Life? DO NOT skip this extracurricular! There are EXPERIENTIAL lessons of science, culture, vegetation, history, sea life, wildlife, machinery, produce, spirituality, natural disasters, and SO MUCH MORE. Everybody will certainly get something out of this. Grab your family, huddle next to the campfire, and let’s get going on this Campfire Session…